Political leaders, senators, ambassadors, ministers and other government officials from different countries are in Guatemala City to participate in the 4th Peace Integration Summit, CUMIPAZ 2018, which opens spaces for the discussion of an integrating global governance for peace and the sustainable development of nations.
The Diplomatic, Parliamentary and Political Session promotes responsible, honest and productive management of politicians and State officials, through ethical leadership and decision-making based on principles and values.
The discussion of public policies and the cooperation of the regional blocs in the defense and guarantee of human rights and the rights of Mother Earth are the central topics of the session that will take place at the Westin Camino Real Hotel in the capital, from 9 : 00 am local time.
The session will raise a document containing proposals and commitments that will be included in the Official Declaration of the Summit.
Among the authorities and political leaders present:
- James Lambert, Secretary of the Hemispheric Affairs of the Organization of American States (OAS), representing Luis Almagro, Secretary General of the Organization, who will speak on Governance and co-responsibility: The OAS as a factor of continental cohesion.
- Lucio Gutierrez, former president of Ecuador, will speak on the importance of the democratic system for the peace of nations.
- Álvaro Arzú, president of the Guatemalan Congress, will participate in the installation of the session.
- MK Yehiel Hilik Bar, representative speaker (vice president) of the Knesset, Israel with the theme: Diplomacy as a tool for the establishment of peace among nations.
- Mattanya Cohen, Israel's ambassador in Guatemala, who will make a presentations on the impact of international cooperation in strengthening democracy and human rights.
- Joseph Lambert, president of the Haitian Senate, will speak about the mission of the States in the construction of the common good.
- The senator of Spain, Antonio Alarcó, will speak about Health as a human right that contributes to peace and happiness in the world.
- Representative Elías Castillo, president of PARLATINO, will speak about Latin American integration for the strengthening of democracy in the region.
- The president of the Parliamentary Confederation of the Americas (COPA), Eduardo Bhatia Gautier, will present his vision on the importance of a continental public policy management model for the contribution with the welfare, peace and happiness of the human family.
- Juan Pablo Garcia, Vice President of the Central American Parliament, Parlacen, will speak about regional cooperation as a fundamental element to achieve peace among nations.
- Senator of Spain, Alberto Fabra, will speak on Mechanisms of resolution of conflicts in the processes of interregional integration.