In Torreon, Coahuila, representatives of the Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP) in Mexico and the directors of the Santos Laguna Club, gathered in the installations of the Santos Modelo territory to sign a collaborative agreement, which aims to carry out social programs in different regions of the country.
Jose Riestra, vice president of the Santos Laguna soccer club, attended the signing, on behalf of Alejandro Irarragorri, president of the Club; and representing the GEAP: Francisco Guerra, national coordinator of the GEAP and vice coordinator, Norma Trejo.
The agreement includes every project that the GEAP develops in the nation. The members of the Club committed to carrying out different activities in the states of Mexico where soccer games, advertisements, and social events are held.
Lines of action
The athletes will work with basic forces, fans and players. At the same time, they established the following lines of action that will allow them to reach many Mexicans during 2017:
- Social activation during the events, under the theme: “Awareness on blood donation”.
- Social service of basic forces. This action consists of integrating citizens in the projects that the GEAP carries out through awareness campaigns.
- Gallery on the Holocaust, which will be placed during local games, at the Lobby Soriana and Corona Club, with the objective of raising awareness on the subject of Human Rights.
- Activating Peñoles Plaza to promote the International Program Children of Mother Earth.
- Drives in Peñoles Plaza to encourage a culture of voluntary, altruistic and habitual safe blood donation.
Improve universal values
Jose Riestra said that the Institution always seeks to join other organizations who are founded on universal values, and the GEAP promotes them through all their projects.
“It is an honor to know that there are institutions who are very invested in values; and to count with the presence of the GEAP if very important, since we have a lot in common. We are a club that seeks to be a means to help people and society to be better human beings; because it is not only soccer, we use soccer to transform society”, Riestra said.
The GEAP and Santos Laguna
The Santos Laguna club carries out the program Guerreros de Corazon, which aims to help communities in need, to encourage, motivate and develop ethical and civic values by using soccer as a platform to change society.
The GEAP promotes the formation of the integral human being, within the framework of universal principles for the defense of Human Rights and the Rights of Mother Earth through the development of programs, projects, and campaigns aimed at the different fields where the human being develops and interacts.
The institutions held their first activity on January 6th, in Monterrey under the Integral Program: Life is in the Blood, with the objective of promoting voluntary and habitual safe blood donation. The event ended with the exchange of jerseys among the attendees.