This work area responds to the specific objective:
1. Design a methodology based on the educational theory of Dr. William Soto Santiago, sowing universal principles and values, and indigenous ancestral knowledge and understanding, for the training of communicators and environmental educators that contribute to the establishment of a culture for environmental peace of Mother Earth.
This area of work seeks to strengthen the social and individual conscience for the environmental peace of Mother Earth, training human beings, societies, governments and companies, with individual and social environmental responsibility, through of the full recognition of Mother Earth as a living being, of the ancestral knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous Peoples, of the resolutions and agreements of the United Nations, and the resolutions of UNESCO on environmental education and sustainable development.
For this, work is being done on the design of Environmental M.A.D.R.E: "Alternative Method of Environmental Reeducation"; which is a method for the formation of communicators and educators, made on the basis of the educational theory of Dr. William Soto Santiago, with the guidelines of ecopsychology and the application of different educational and training methodologies, which allow awareness and consciousness of the objectives of the International Program Children of Mother Earth (organized by the CME Coordination).
Topics for the development of M.A.D.R.E. Environmental:
- Recognition of Mother Earth as a living being, whom we love, respect and protect.
- Principles and values for the environmental peace of Mother Earth.
- Knowledge and ancestral knowledge of the Indigenous Peoples for the preservation of Mother Earth.
- Responsible consumption of the natural resources of Mother Earth.
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
On the other hand, the celebration of the most important environmental dates established by the UN, together with the social and environmental movements of the countries, contribute to the strengthening of awareness and consciousness for the environmental peace of Mother Earth; so the planning of these celebrations and other activities support the purposes of this area of action.
To support education and culture for the environmental peace of Mother Earth, the projection of audiovisual and digital products is essential, which strengthens the message of the International Program Children of Mother Earth, the GEAP and its executive president, Dr. William Soto Santiago.