The Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP) in Monterrey, Mexico, convened educational institutions through the International Alliance of Universities for Peace (ALIUP) to sign a collaboration agreement for quality education and a culture of peace.
The activity was coordinated jointly with the Secretary of Education in the state of Nuevo Leon, under the theme "Education for Peace". This Event was held in the Kalos building of the city, with the presence of more than 50 people.
The distinguished participation of the Secretary of Education of the state of Nuevo Leon, Arturo Estrada; The Undersecretary of Higher Education, José Cárdenas; The Vice President of the Association of Deans of the Caribbean and the Americas, José Holguín; among other personalities of great relevance in the field of education.
Formation in principles and values
With representation from various institutions and centers of studies at the intermediate and higher levels, 14 educational institutions signed a collaboration agreement with the GEAP, where it was established to work for quality education aimed at the development of professional skills.
The coordinator of the GEAP, Francisco Guerra, commented in his lecture that education should promote the development of principles and values, build a culture of peace, work for brotherhood, solidarity, for all those principles that allow to establish peace in the world.
For his part, the Secretary of Education of the state of Nuevo Leon, Arturo Estrada, said:
"World peace, a country or a state, is paramount, because that will allow us to continue working, to continue studying, to remain better human beings, which is the goal that we all seek when we launch a graduate of Our institutions to the working world, "he said.
Following the exhibitions and participations, the agreement was signed by the 14 institutions represented by their highest authorities:
1. Secretary of Education of Nuevo León, Arturo Estrada, secretary of Education in the state of Nuevo León.
2. University of Nueva Extremadura, Jaime Loya, dean.
3. Insuco University, Bernarda Guzmán, vice dean.
4. Universidad Tecnológica Gral. Mariano Escobedo, Roberto Chapa Martínez, in charge of the dean’s office.
5. Humanist University of the Americas, Alicia Vázquez González, general director.
6. Instituto de Sistemas Administrativos Computacionales de Monterrey, María Salinas, dean.
7. Edec University of Monterrey, M.A.F, Jesus Ramiro del Bosque, dean.
8. International Institute for Development, Marisel Calvo, dean.
9. Valle Continental University, María de Jesús Chapa, dean.
10. Technological Institute of Administration and Accounting, José Luis Cubillos, dean.
11. Center for Research in Gestalt Psychotherapy Fritz Pearls, S.C., Lorena Fernández, director.
12. Fray Servando University, Jaime Pozo, dean.
13. Center for Education and Academic Training Ceduk, Enrique Anaya, dean.
14. University of Monterrey, Graciela Nieves, dean.
Integral human being
The International Alliance of Universities for Peace (ALIUP) develops projects in the institutional field with teachers and students, applied to universities and research.
In this sense, the signed agreement prompts universities and higher education institutions to establish an education in values that promotes peace in the integral human being and among nations as a good for the development of professional skills.